Qtella is a free product. If you want to support
the development, you can make a donation using PayPal. The money
is used to buy new hardware and to spent more time in
Sun Apr 4 09:21:30 PDT 2004
Qtella for Sharp Zaurus
Here you can find information about the port of Qtella to the Sharp Zaurus. The port
has not been finished yet but you can already share files with the current version. Click
on the link here
to see the first successfully completed
download that has been performed with the Sharp Zaurus.
Some screenshots taken from qvfb (X11):
Download Qtella for Sharp Zaurus: here
How to compile Qtella from the sources for Sharp Zaurus
To compile Qtella for the Sharp Zaurus just follow these steps:
Now, you can copy the binary from the src directory to the Zaurus and have fun sharing files!
- download and install the rpm packages from
- call "source dev-arm-qpe.sh"
- run "./configure --enable-sharp --enable-debug=no"
- run "make"
If you want to create an ipkg package follow these steps:
- download the ipkg-build script from here
- create the directories
- copy the qtella binary into foobar/opt/QtPalmtop/bin
- place a file "control" into foobar/CONTROL with the following content:
Maintainer: Daniel Etzold email@example.com
Description: Qtella is a file sharing application based
on the Gnutella network.
- copy the logo "qtella_logo.png" into foobar/opt/QtPalmtop/pics
- copy all icons into foobar/opt/QtPalmtop/pics/qtella
- create the file in foobar/opt/QtPalmtop/apps/Applications/qtella.desktop with the following content:
Comment=Qtella, file sharing application.
- call "./ipkg-build foobar". The result is a file called "qtella_0.5.4_arm.ipk".
TODO list for the Zaurus version:
- redesign to standard look&feel on Zaurus
- include graphics
- nice 32x32 icon